Monday, February 10, 2014

Dollhouse for Peaches Day 8 5

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Second portion of Day 8 - attaching the top.
I made some plan modifications and decided to hinge the top from one side, and as one piece. I thought it would make it easier to access the storage area from one side.
Using a piano hinge, I secured the top in the cutout groove I made to receive the hinge. Then I added two side support arm hinges. These are locking supports, so the top will have no chance of slamming on little fingers...






Next I had some time to cut and fit the front face. Here it is just for size...


You can see that I left it 3/8" short on the sides. I will be edge banding these two sides with solid maple and a rounded edge routered in. This will finish it off.


If you look closely, you can see the layout lines for the windows and front door. All unfinished edges will eventually be trimmed out, which adds time to the project, but will be worth the appearance.


My apprentice...

Actually, my wife, who helped me attached the top. She hates this picture...




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment